Tuesday, May 09, 2017

A Speech about Smoking

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to see you. My name is Sana and I am a member in a health club at Sidi Zid secondary school. It's an honour to be given the chance to speak to you today about one of the most important issues in our life, which is smoking.

To begin with, no one can deny the harmful effects of smoking on smokers, the whole society and even the environment. Second, most smokers are addictive by nature to tobacco and nicotine, which usually causes serious diseases like lung cancer or even increases the risk of a stroke as well as other respiratory illnesses. Then, I'll go on to speak about smokers' families who represent an important part of society. Family members, especially kids, consider parents as their models or ideals. Hence, it is no surprise to find out that the majority of children, based on statistics, tend to imitate their parents even in smoking! Moreover, the harmful effects of smoking spread to reach the whole society through increasing the number of sickness leave due to the serious illnesses caused by smoking and the long stays in hospitals. As a result, the country's economy is negatively affected by low productivity at work. Even worse, the negative impacts of smoking reach the environment too, which makes the global problem of air pollution more threatening.

What I want to say is that we need to cooperate to put an end to this dangerous phenomenon "smoking." Together we can! Thank you very much for your attention.

Haj Ali Sana
4th Grade Sciences
Sidi Zid Secondary School
It’s nothing to get so worked up about, Gaga. You’re an artist, not a grammarian.


I wonder if I could have your attention for a few moments. I'd just like to say a few words about smoking. Allow me to introduce my self, I'm Dhouha and I'm a member the Health Club at Sidi Zid's Secondary school. I am going to talk to you about the harmful effects of smoking.

First of all, Smoking is very dangerous because it has harmful effects on the smoker himself! Unfortunately, smokers find it difficult to quit smoking due to the addictive nature of nicotine and tobacco. That's why, the majority of them are not able to taste and smell food like non-smokers! Even worse, smokers are endangered by many chronic illnesses, respiratory problems and even lung cancer. Finally, smoking is a threat, that's why it is advisable that smokers act quickly and quity smoking before it is too late.

That's all for me, thank you very much for your time.

Dhouha Taieb
4th Grade Sciences
Sidi Zid Secondary School

Good morning everyone,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a student at Sidi Zid Secondary School and a member of its health club. My name is Monia Amri and the subject of my talk revolves around one of the most important issues nowadays "smoking." Today, I am going to focus on the harmful effects of smoking.

Firstly, smoking has many negative effects on the smoker himself. For example, smokers usually suffer from poor health as well as inability of smelling and tasting food like other people who do not smoke. This dangerous habit leads to serious illnesses including lung cancer, respiratory problems and chronic diseases. Secondly, smokers not only affect their health, but also they represent a bad model for kids and family members. Also, smoking ruins the family budget, which results in financial problems. Last but not least, this bad habit affects the whole society when it comes to sickness leave or long stays in hospitals that lower productivity at work.

Thank you for your time and attention.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For 4th graders these speeches are really good.
well done :)

Anonymous said...

hey guys this is a great speech for your age but the fact that you use ¨himself¨automatically refers that they are male, so just a tip maybe use him/herself next time, but good job!